-->

How to Use Find My iPhone to Find a Lost iPhone
Image by Pexels

Sometimes we often do not realize and leave the iPhone carelessly. When I remember the iPhone is not in its original place, it is possible to have changed hands.

But you don't need to worry because Apple has pinned a feature called Find My iPhone or Find My iPhone, which was launched in 2010. This service can be used to search for lost or stolen iPhone as long as the iPhone uses iOS 8 and above.

The Find My iPhone application can also be used to search for other Apple devices such as iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, AirPods, and Mac if the device is lost. But in this tip, I will only discuss how to use Find My iPhone to find a lost iPhone.

Let's follow the steps below to use the Find my iPhone application, guaranteed to be simple and not complicated!

Set up Find My iPhone

Before using Find My iPhone, you need to activate this feature first. The trick is to click on the Settings menu on the home screen. After that, click on your Apple ID and select the iCloud list.

If you don't have an Apple ID, select the 'Create a new Apple ID' option, and follow the next instructions. If you are using iOS 10.2 and below, go to the iCloud menu after Settings.

After entering the iCloud menu, you will see several applications. Scroll down to find the Find My iPhone application then click. After that, activate Find My iPhone and Send Last Location until the button turns green.

Keep in mind, if you have set up Find My iPhone, accessories like Apple Watch and AirPods are also automatically active.

How to use Find My iPhone

After the Find My iPhone feature is activated, you can already use it to search for a lost iPhone with the following steps:

1. Open the iCloud Site and Find My iPhone Application

To find a lost iPhone, the first thing you need to do is open the icloud.com site via a computer or smartphone browser, then sign in by entering your Apple ID and password.

You can also search for lost iPhone from other iOS devices. You do this by downloading the Find My iPhone application on the Apple App Store.

2. Open the Find My iPhone Menu

After logging in, select the green Find My iPhone menu. After that click on All Devices in the top center of the screen, and click this iPhone you want to find.

After that, you will see the location of the iPhone on the screen. The green dot indicates your device is online, while the gray dot suggests your device is offline. If your iPhone is turned off or the battery is gone, the map shows the location of last iPhone.

3. Search for your iPhone

If your iPhone is online, click on that point to find your iPhone, there are three options offered:

- Play Sound, you can choose if the iPhone is still near you. If you choose this option, your iPhone will play a sound to help you find it.

- Lost Mode, you can choose if your iPhone is lost somewhere and might be found by someone else. You can also use this option if someone steals your iPhone.

With this option, you can lock your iPhone remotely using your phone lock code, display a special message with your contact number on the lock screen, and track the device's location.

- iPhone Erase can be selected if you are worried that you cannot get the iPhone back. Or if you are concerned that your personal information on the iPhone will fall into the hands of irresponsible people.

If you choose this option, all the information on your iPhone will be deleted, including credit, debit, or prepaid cards for Apple Pay. Also, you can no longer track it or look for it using Find My iPhone.

4. If the iPhone is turned off

If your lost iPhone is off or offline, you can still use the Find My iPhone option above. When your device is online, then the choice can be run. Keep in mind that if you delete a lost device from an account while offline, all the options you previously selected will be canceled.
By